Effective from 11 April 2013.
While you are a Machinery and Power Tool Centre customer we will collect and hold personal information about you and your purchases. Machinery and Power Tool Centre may collect information directly from you, from our website. We may collect information in a variety of ways e.g. through promotions, surveys, recordings of customer calls, sales calls, customer tickets, posts on our blog.
The information we hold about you and your purchases will be used to provide our services to you and for related purposes, for example:
- assessing your creditworthiness (we will tell you before we do this);
- communicating with you;
- debt collection;
- improving customer service;
- provide you with information on third party products and services;
- for our general business purposes, e.g. aggregating customer consumption information to track trends.
Machinery and Power Tool Centre will not share your personal information, except when:
- you tell us we can do this;
- we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law;
- we want to carry out a credit check to consider your credit worthiness. The credit agency may use or disclose any information you provide to others using their services.
- You can ask the credit agency for a copy of the information they hold about you;
- we want to keep you informed about products or services;
- we want to recover money from you when you have not paid us, or if we want to list any payment defaults with a credit agency;
- this is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us.
You may ask us for access to any personal information we hold about you. If you think that information is inaccurate or incorrect, you may ask us to consider correcting or deleting it from Machinery and Power Tool Centre’s database. You can do this by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Sometimes we send our customers information. We may do this by email. Some information you will always receive by email. We may also send you by email newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in. Newsletters and other information you receive will have instructions for how you can remove yourself from that mailing list. If you ask to be removed from a mailing list, we will do this.
If you are a Machinery and Power Tool Centre customer, you are responsible for your user name, email address and password. You should not tell anyone else your password or user name, and if you do, you are responsible for paying for the products they buy from us.
A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your computer. Cookies help us improve your user-experience when you use our website.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please be in contact.